View Single Post
Werewolf_UK
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-05-2016 , 15:52   [Paid] Updating a custom plugin.
Reply With Quote #1

We have a server that runs a custom map that is helped by a custom plugin written for that map. The plugin was written by a former admin of the group who has since left steam (he was last online 18 months ago). We now need the plugin to be updated to add in new functions. We already have the .sp file for the plugin which we can provide for the hired coder to add to.

Specifically, we want to add the following functions to the plugin:
  • Strip players of specific weapon when they enter specific trigger_multiple brushes within the map.
  • Restore players of their stripped weapons when they leave the trigger_multiple brushes.
  • Add a configurable .cfg file to allow us to specify which weapons get stripped. This MUST be by weapon ID number, not class name. (IE: If we wanted to block the Backburner but allow the Phlogistinator, we would enter the ID number 40, as opposed to using tf_weapon_flamethrower which would block both weapons.)
  • Add in an CVAR to enable an admin override so that players with the slay flag do not get stripped of weapons.
  • Add in CVARS to adjust the plugins existing functions.
The map in question is made by myself so if specific details about the map are needed, or specific entities added I can do that.

Regarding the weapon stripping, we are aware of existing plugins like "[TF2] tNoUnlocksPls v0.4.8" and "Weapon Blocker 1.3" which block players from using certain weapons. However these are universal bans regardless of players location on the map. We want to allow player to use all weapons in some parts of the map and ban specified weapons in other parts.

On a final note, this is our first time hiring a plugin writer. Following advice given to us here, we would ask any potential coder to show previous works and/or provide references. If you need further details, please PM me here on AlliedModders.

Last edited by Werewolf_UK; 01-05-2016 at 15:54.