View Single Post
stretchy
Old 10-27-2015 , 16:28   [ANY] Voice Rooms (v0.3 - 2015-11-07)
Reply With Quote #1

[ANY] Voice Rooms (v0.3 - 2015-11-07)

Description:

This plugin is in beta! I've only had the chance to test it on CS:GO. There's no reason (that I know of) that would prevent this plugin from working on any other mod.

This plugin allows for the creation of voice rooms that players in the server can join. I created this because there was an increasing amount of players on my server that wanted to play music, tell jokes, one up each other on obnoxiousness, etc., and I wanted them to have a place to be able to do that.

Installation:

1. Create a config file (or download the attached one) named voicerooms.cfg inside addons/sourcemod/configs/, use the following sample as a guide:
    Code:
    "VoiceRooms"
    {
        "room"        "General"  // Whatever room you create first will be used as the default room.
        "room"        "HLDJ"
        "room"        "Troll Den"
    }
  2. Place the "voicerooms.smx" inside of your plugins folder, and load it like any other plugin.
Usage:
  • The plugin creates one command: !voicerooms
  • The command brings up the available rooms that the user can switch to.
Future Plans:

These are some ideas for additional features, either from myself, or from people in the thread. I'd love to hear all ideas on how to make this plugin better, so leave your comments!
  • Admin Only Rooms
  • Displaying player's current room either on the scoreboard, in chat, or via a different command
  • Displaying the number of players in the room next to the room name (Added in v0.3)
  • Passworded Rooms
  • Autoupdate
  • Invite, kick, and move functions, so that players can invite others to their room, and admins can move/kick disruptive players.
  • The ability for admins to lock players in a room
Changelog:

Code:
2015-11-07 - v0.3: Added room count to the voicerooms menu.
2015-10-27 - v0.2: Fixed an issue where some users were still hearing others in a different room.
2015-10-27 - v0.1: Released Plugin
Attached Files
File Type: cfg voicerooms.cfg (72 Bytes, 932 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (voicerooms.sp - 1835 views - 5.1 KB)

Last edited by stretchy; 11-07-2015 at 10:04. Reason: Upgrade plugin to v0.3