View Single Post
SWAT_88
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-30-2015 , 07:19   Re: [RESEARCH] Play for science with GLaDOS
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
And @ 27095 = same behaviour; did you reboot your server =3 *cough* :$ ?.
Of course I've restarted the server ^^
But the problem is getting more mysterious.

Apparently the file "steam_appid" was always there.
I just searched for it in the wrong place. So the missing "steam_appid" file was not the problem.

I've downloaded both servers (css and hl2dm) using steamcmd back then.
The file and folder structure on both servers is exactly the same, so there are no files missing on the hl2dm server.

However, I redownloaded and validated the hl2dm server using that same command again.
The validation process doesn't had to re-download some files (which means everything is up-to-date).
I also downloaded a new copy of hl2dm in a separate folder and did a "diff -r" on both directories, they are identical.

Nevertheless I also copied the file "steam_appid.txt" with and without the extension to the mod folder.
Can you test it again?

It's really hard for me to test this behavior, because I don't experience any problems.
Regarding to my data folder, 4 people already have joined my server successfully.

I'm no quite sure, but maybe it's a client problem. I don't know.
Maybe update your HL2DM installation, or do a "verifiy cache".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
edit : 23h20 (GMT -5, +/- 1 maybe @ summer timer) server crashed; wasn't doing much special (remaining alive bot had a shotty).
Server is restarting everyday at 5:20 AM (GMT+1), so it's not a crash. But thanks for the info.

Last edited by SWAT_88; 07-30-2015 at 07:35.