View Single Post
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-30-2015 , 20:47   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Something definitely changed from SM 1.6 to 1.7 that caused HLSW to stop displaying the older steamIDs in HLSW. Either that or the hack no longer works to convert the steamIDs from the original format to the new steamID3 format in SM 1.7. But I can tell that my server logs for TF2 and CSS only output the steam3 format now and the live game logs displayed at the bottom of the HLSW screen only display the steam3 IDs and not the steamID as before on 1.6. Other than reverting back to SM 1.6, can anyone offer a solution to get HLSW to output the Steam IDs so I can see them and click on them in HLSW? I can't believe I'm the only one managing servers that still uses HLSW and wants this to work.

I completely understand HLSW is no longer being worked on by its developers, but even as outdated as it is, it is still by far the best tool out there for monitoring multiple game servers and is an incredible asset to managing my community. Not having the steamIDs of players in HLSW significantly reduces the usefulness of it and since it worked on SM 1.6, I'm hoping someone can make it work the same on SM 1.7 for the guys like me who still use it. If I need to pay someone to code something, I will. That how important it is to me, I'd hedge some bets others are in my shoes as well.

Many thanks for all the constructive input.
The SM change didn't do this to HLSW it was the SteamID3 change over that caused it. The only solution I could come up with to get the ID's back or Global ID's to show back up along with a few other things for players was to run the superlogs_tf2 plugin. The only complaint I have with that plugin is that it needs to be updated a little as it throws off some errors into the logs but it does function.