View Single Post
GaFooB
Old 05-28-2015 , 00:36   Creating Custom gametype/mapgroup
Reply With Quote #1

[CSGO] So I am trying to enable de_dust2_night on my server (just to start) and have it show up on the vote screen at the end of every match. (I run a 5v5 Public Competitive server) I have gotten support from different places, but no REAL help. I dont know any of the steps I should take, im a friggen baby with this stuff and im doing my best to learn here. I was using this to help me out http://www.configcreator.com/create/...des_server.txt but I am still doing something wrong cause its not working the way I want to. I have placed my "gamemodes_server.txt" into my server located in "csgo\cfg" which is also where my gamemode_competitive_gafoob.cfg is located. I was told that when the gamemodes_server.txt is placed in there, it will automatically read from that file, but I know there is something/s I am missing from that .txt that is not allowing it to read it the way I want. I can play the de_dust2_night server if I load it manually, so thats not an issue. The "test" part has literally no meaning, I have no file in my server that is named "test" im not sure if this matters in anyway or if that connects to anything. Look forward to hearing

Here is my "gamemodes_server.txt"

Code:
"Gamemodes_Server.txt"
{
	"gameTypes"
	{
		"classic"
		{
			"gameModes"
			{
				"competitive"
				{
					"maxplayers" "10"
					"exec"
					{
						"gamemode_competitive_gafoob.cfg"
					}
					"mapgroupsMP"
					{
						"test" ""
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
	"mapgroups"
	{
		"test"
		{
			"name" "test"
			"maps"
			{
				"de_dust2" "0"
				"de_train" "1"
				"de_overpass" "2"
				"de_nuke" "3"
				"de_cbble" "4"
				"de_inferno" "5"
				"de_mirage" "6"
				"de_cache" "7"
				"de_dust2_night" "8"
			}
		}
	}
}

Last edited by GaFooB; 05-28-2015 at 05:27.