View Single Post
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2015 , 10:36   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp BETA v0.9.0, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and cod
Reply With Quote #5

When I say OP:

your boss is OP, replace his rage with a tickle move that gives people overheal

I mean,

I run an option for 'Lunatic' mode on my server.

Starts you with 1/3rd hp and you can't rage at all. The meter doesn't even show up.

This is "Normal" mode for veterans. Starting with 6k hp vs 24 players or 9k vs 32.

And my rage stun time scales by however many people are caught in it, to reduce solo rage effectiveness.

Since vanilla Hale is op, it's sort of subjective. But all of this does give him easier ways to kill people and close gaps from what I tried. It does look a hella lot cooler at least. I've always wanted to do stuff like this but I never bother to touch modeling.

Gap closing is a big reason super jump is OP. People can't run away from a good super jumper.

So essentially I'd say this will lower the skill ceiling for Hale to be able to lunge directly at people.

-----------

I ought to mention the other animations seem pretty good. I haven't seen 'berserk punching' since I was the boss in thirdperson, but the firstperson was handled well at least. The slam animation and subsequent effects are done very well. And I'm a very strict on aesthetics person.

Yes, defensebuff has an effect similar to the minicrit glow pretty much. I just think it's more appropriate just cause overheal particles. I could always attach some other particle if I really wanted I guess.

-----

Can one channel be used for two HUDs with two different colors?

I assume you mean syncHUD. The point of synchud is to replace old hudtext with new ones so they don't do that overlapping thing like in your hud, so I don't think you can use two huds on one channel.

In which case make another channel.

Though I think there's some lame restriction on channels, like 12 or something. You'd only need 3-4 from what I saw on your boss. And I would've probably done my own hud.

----

1.1+ second

Old rage has a 0.6 second warning. Regardless any less than 2 seconds is too fast for most people to react to. [I can react to 0.6 sometimes].

Given that it's exponential I'll suppose that it's fine though, probably can escape lethal damage if you're smart enough to move away, since unlike weighdown it's not instant and has a tell.

----

Getting used to lunge

Eh, maybe I'm just very adaptable.

----

That unstuck code's tested and never seemed to fail, but yeah I was thinking rectangle check might be better. Just never bothered to write one.

----

fire soldiers now

Those sound like some extravagant bugs I've never had with ignite. o.O

Last edited by Chdata; 04-07-2015 at 09:25.