View Single Post
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 03-22-2015 , 10:06   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
It's funny how redsword lists a bunch of things that make it harder or incredibly inconvenient to mod for csgo and mitchell interprets each one of them as if they were to make modding for csgo impossible. It's great that you have your solutions or workarounds for some of the things but that's just beside the point.
I wasn't interpreting them as if they were impossible, i was just adding my insight. As I said in the bottom of my post, it was just my experience with csgo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
There is a lower limit of TE_ in csgo AFAIK, as mentioned above. Maybe I'm a bit too paranoid but this discouraged me from some ideas.

Also do you mean that we can stream particles ?

I also forgot to mention the fact that as of ~recently it is impossible to boot up CSGO client when the server is opened. It was possible before.
I would suggest looking up particles in cs:s, im sure there are some TopHattWaffle tutorials out there that can kind of explain it better than I can.
The boot up irritates me also, nor sure why steam looks for the srcds at all, and thinks it's csgo.

Last edited by Mitchell; 03-22-2015 at 10:08.