View Single Post
lps
Old 02-09-2015 , 02:36   Re: Developing New Web Interface
Reply With Quote #14

More Updates.

I'll also be posting the source code soon. I'd like to get the first version done and then comment the code and document it properly. After that i'll make the layout generic.

----

One thing I'm noticing is that the size of the database is going to be obscene. The backend / DB åneed a total restructuring and rewriting. I'm up to half a million kills and my frags table is 80MB.

Something I'm noticing about the existing DB structure is insane amounts of data duplication, and poor representation of data. Instead of using a roleID it's using a role name in the frags table. That's 10+ bytes for the role name compared to 2 or 4 for an ID.

----

I need to ask the community a favor.

In order to test this new software I need to collect as many logs as possible from as many games as I can. If anyone wants to send me their logs please PM me so I can give you the address to send them to as well as open my firewall to allow incoming logs.

Edit: Almost all of the top level Items have been completed. I'm trying to come up with better layouts for the Clan, Chat, and Countries.
- Clan will most likely remain a table
- Countries will be turned into a heatmap of the world that is zoomable using Google Maps API or some other API, I'm not entirely sure yet.
- Chat is where I'm having the most difficulty. Having a linear chat log where it's based on time and not based on the server is annoying. However with a large number of servers it's difficult to lay out each chat individually. I'm considering turning this into a server list with a count of the number of lines (first chat message, last chat message, etc).

Second Edit:
I just realized the stats for L4d2 are atrociously horribly inaccurate because HLStatsX doesn't account for bots correctly.. at all. Kills, Deaths, Actions, Roles... It's incrementing crap for bots.

Last edited by lps; 02-09-2015 at 03:53.