View Single Post
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 02-05-2015 , 10:10   Re: [TF2]Killstreak for everyone
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
You may be right... Valve may just break it instead, just like they broke the ability to give people cosmetics they don't actually own.

There's a reason you don't see public plugins for turning peoples hats into unusuals too.
They would have to 100% break TF2Items in order to do that, because killstreaks are attributes-based, not item-based.

You can make every weapon a killstreak, I do this on all of my mvm servers. (Every player, including the robots on the BLU team, have a killstreak weapon.) You need to add 3 attributes to a weapon via tf2items (or tf2attributes) to do this:

killstreak tier (gives it the name "specialized" or "professional" or regular "killstreak")
killstreak effect (pro effect)
killstreak idleeffect (specialized effect)

TBH, while everyone has a pro killstreak on my server, none of us even give a shit about it, lol. The only thing useful about it is the counter that keeps track of your total kills in one streak, but the effects themselves, nobody pays attention to.

The plugin uses some sort of netprop to make a weapon a killstreak, but even if Valve "breaks" that, you can get around it with tf2items/tf2attributes like I have been doing since 2 cities came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackglade View Post
It doesn't actually give you a killstreak weapon, it just tracks your kills live...
No plugin or mod can give you an item in the sense that it exists on your backpack. Only the item server is allowed to grant you items, and that only.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 02-05-2015 at 10:13.