Thread: [VSH] Introducing VSH Advanced
View Single Post
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2014 , 06:04   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #18

I honestly don't have much trouble with FF2. I have about 100 bosses now, use 3 .ff2 files, and there's almost no overhead. What little overhead there is arises from ff2's own forwards and KV iteration, which (since it's almost all for just ONE PLAYER (the boss) is completely managable and fine.

All of my subplugin stuff just caches all of the boss' crap at round start. I get a lot of extra global variables, but I don't care about some extra kb of memory wasted. Really, the only thing I could see to make the overhead lower, would be to rework the onability forward (move it to something smoother like prethink, and hook each boss, doing away with the odd ~0.1-0.2 delay resulting from how it chains).

Really though, this is not an issue with FF2's design. The subplugin system is not THAT BAD. I think it's actually quite good in it's flexibility. The whole index system, is god awful, and should never have existed. It should have been only client indexes. Perhaps an ADT array of active boss client ids should have been passed to order the bosses by index instead this could be kept up to date with forwards... Also, some forwards to split bosses from players would have been good... and hook/unhook them dynamically like OnBossTakeDamage... OnNonBossTakeDamage... OnBOssDeath... OnNonBossDeath.. OnBossDisconnect.. OnNonBossDisconnect... etc