View Single Post
bobdole
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-01-2014 , 13:52   Re: Fix SteamIDs for the new update
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
I have to fully agree with this. This is used on a LOT of communities which are mainly manned by someone like myself who has absolutely no idea how it works much less how to fix it. A lot of us are forced to either let it collect dust or trust that the code some stranger just posted won't break our whole server. In my opinion, the best route for hlstats is an official word on what is broken and/or how to fix x y or z. If it's needed I am sure there are those with enough experience who are able to lend a hand when they have the time.
Strangely seeing as this project has its own subfourm its rather easy for users to post the problems they are having (o wait that already happening strange) rather than trying to get someone (who's already time and time again explained how busy he is) try to find each and every little thing that's wrong with a large project like this (which i'll make it easy for you the only main problems are anything related to steamIDs, which as i believe multiple quick patches have already been posted by helpfull people)

If its needed people will lend a hand? well first let me point out that Maverick only took over the project because the original team who worked on it moved on to other things and with life and HE didnt want it to die. As such i guess its something to point out (which should be obvious to anyone with knowledge enough to be able to help knows) the project is hosted on BitBucket meaning anyone who wants to help has complete ability to add to the project by cloning the project and making pull requests with their changes. Something that seeing as noone has done this, it seems that most people who is able to do something mealy doesn't care about this project.