View Single Post
Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2014 , 03:34   Re: [L4D2] Spit glob spawner plugin request
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktemplarr View Post
I'm still lost. What do you mean "use the include file"?
I don't know how to use the .inc files, I assumed they were side files the game is told to use automatically by a specific plugin.

How do create a script to utilize the .inc file?
Pasting your supplied test-script code into a .sp and compiling it into a .smx didn't work so I don't understand.

I have never touched code in my life, I've only used it.

If compiling IS what you meant, I got the following error:

error 021: symbol already defined: "OnPluginStart"
Ah sorry I thought you were more versed in SourcePawn.
If you wish to compile a plugin yourself I would consider reading the wiki as it contains everything you could possibly need.

Otherwise if you know exactly how you want this spitter projectile plugin, then I will gladly compile you a plugin. Attached is a simple admin plugin that allows spawning of spitter projectiles using the commands sm_throwspit and sm_createspit.

Code:
sm_throwspit <#userid|name> [velocity] - Throws a spitter projectile as a Spitter Special Infected would.
sm_silentthrowspit <#userid|name> [velocity] - Throws a spitter projectile as a Spitter Special Infected would, without showing activity.
sm_createspit <#userid|name> [x] [y] [z] - Creates a spitter projectile at location of thrower or specified coordinates.
sm_silentcreatespit <#userid|name> [x] [y] [z] - Creates a spitter projectile at location of thrower or specified coordinates, without showing activity.
Depending on how you imagine the plugin to work, let me know if you wish to change the setup of the commands.

Gamedata from the above spitter projectile include is still required on the server!
Attached Files
File Type: zip spitterprojectile-admincommands_release.zip (31.1 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 08-25-2014 at 08:14.