View Single Post
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-08-2014 , 18:29   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDuFF View Post
But how did we do it? Forever mystery I guess haha
It's not a mystery. Just edit the .SP file of all the plugins you use and do this:

PHP Code:
public Plugin:myinfo 
{

name "Protected",

author "Protected",

description "Protected",

version "Protected",

url "Protected"
}; 
Of course, some plugins will have things like PLUGIN_VERSION defined for a version convar, so you'd obviously have to strip all the version convar code, remove the PLUGIN_VERSION define and manually enter the version # into the "version" field of Plugin:myinfo. You'll often also see PLUGIN_AUTHOR defined.

Some people like defining things like PLUGIN_AUTHOR because it allows them to not only list their name as the plugin author, but also pull that name for use in chat advertisement messages and whatnot. A simple CTRL+F for PLUGIN_AUTHOR or PLUGIN_VERSION will find everywhere the define is called, allowing for easy removal of that specific code.

Or you could just be a goof and replace the version number with this:

PHP Code:
version SOURCEMOD_VERSION 
And the plugin version will take on the version number of whatever SourceMod snapshot you're using.

Of course, there are other ways of figuring out what plugins HolyDuff uses and I won't go into them here (needless to say they DO NOT involve hacking of any sort). Only a slapnuts hides the plugins their server(s) use(s).

Also, I lol'd at running several servers off a computer in your room. Hopefully you have unlimited bandwidth internet (as I do, from a company here in Canada called Netfox).

EDIT: As for hiding "sm plugins list", you can probably set up a plugin that does a command callback or whatever it's called, and when someone tries "sm plugins list" you can hide the original message that's being sent (of all the plugins) and instead send something like "[REDACTED]". Of course, again, only a slapnuts would do that shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDuFF
(Server cloning/stealing)
What the heck. Who cares if someone else makes a similar server to yours? Excuse me while I join your server and quickly figure out what plugins you use so I can start my own server up just like yours.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-08-2014 at 18:50.