View Single Post
The_dr
Old 06-20-2014 , 11:06   [TOOL] Freak Fortress 2 Boss CFG Generator
Reply With Quote #1

Making config files for Freak Fortress can be a hard and can easily lead to typos and problems that can cause your boss to not work. This CFG generator will make your bosses for you.

I had to make an application for my coding class and decided, “instead of making a dumb one time use quiz application, why don’t I make something useful?” and so I did, you can use the Generator to make entire bosses, or simply as a starting place for your boss.

Not all the possibilities for a FF2 boss are present in the Generator, however the important ones are, and you can refine the code yourself after you’ve made the boss.

The generator only supports the default rages that come with FF2, any other rages will have to be added manually. There is an in application help button that should answer any problems concerning how the application works.

There are 6 windows that you will need to use.
1. Boss Settings
2. Boss Description
3. Boss Weapons
4. Boss Ability's
5. Boss Sounds
6. Boss Materials

change log
Code:
Bug: Fixed problem where user wold forget to click the up button on the sounds page.
Bug: Removed mat download from the config, you have to include your rage overlay in the materials section as there was a problem with naming before.
Bug: selecting a single audio file was broken.
Addition: you can now select multiple sound files at a time now as well.
Tweak: Refined and optimised some code.
Addition: You can now select multiple materials at a time.
Fix: Fixed a crash caused by an loop going above an arrays max size.
Tweak: Warning added in Character description to not use quotes.
FIX: The material window now has you select both the VMT and VTF files instead of automatically adding the both. (Originally you would have to select the VMT and the VTF would be automatically added, however some bosses have a VMT that points to several VTF so you have to manually select all the VMT/VTF ‘s now.)
Tweak: Added some more help for adding sounds
Tweak: Added more help boxes for models/materials/sounds
Special Thanks:
Code:
WildCard65: helping me fix an old problem causing the files to be saved in the wrong format.
Jelly beans: Bug Checking/Testing. Requesting to be able to select multiple sounds at a time.
Source code

If you have any questions or problems please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FF2CFGGenerator v3.1.2.zip (937.3 KB, 2818 views)

Last edited by The_dr; 11-29-2015 at 13:47. Reason: updating