View Single Post
Krillin
Old 04-27-2014 , 17:12   Re: Some errors in server console log
Reply With Quote #13

I had this problem, and I saw in the "home" folder there was a .steam folder already. Now the steamcmd.sh running on Linux created symbolic links to our steamcmd_linux folder. But during the setup process I renamed the "steamcmd_linux" to "steamcmd". Now if you need to rebuild your steamcmd process. It is pretty simple. This is done by VALVe for some reason or another.

If need be, here is what you do.

1) Redownload the steamcmd.
2) Extract it into the folder where you run your servers from. If you have one, delete everything except the linux32 folder and steam.sh and steamcmd.sh.
3) Open a terminal window and type rm .steam or
A) Open file manager, or Nautilus, Type CTRL+H (This will show hidden files) right click on .steam and select "Move To trash."
4) CD into the steamcmd folder or where ever you staged your steamcmd content.
5) Run ./steamcmd.sh and let it create the .steam folder and the sybolic links the servers are looking for.

That ugly error message is now gone!

Please Note: This will only work if you have the required installed packages on your system. This process worked on a newly built system with Debian 7.4.0 with following required steps to get system functioning with video then following the steps for setting up the steamcmd on a newly built system. Good Luck.

Best Regards,
Krillin

Last edited by Krillin; 04-27-2014 at 18:01. Reason: Running ./steamcmd.sh did not fix, has to be rebuilt from the ground up.