View Single Post
x6herbius
Old 04-21-2014 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.0.1] [20/04/14]
Reply With Quote #8

Thanks for the info, that'll be really useful. I've tried doing things with team_round_timers this afternoon but I'm having trouble with the SetSetupTime and SetRoundTime inputs. Initially I was trying to find the team_round_timer in the round start hook and send the inputs, but for some reason, whatever I sent as the SetSetupTime value, the timer would always be set to 5 minutes of setup time and wouldn't respond to any ent_fire commands from the console. I then moved to hooking the OnSetupStart output from the timer in order to send the inputs (just in case the round start hook was too close to when the timer was reset), but it seems that the hook never gets fired. My ideal situation would be to remove any of the team_round_timers/game_round_wins/etc. present in the map and just have the plugin spawn its own to control all the round win logic - would the SDKHooks spawn hook be the best place to manage that?

I'm also thinking of splitting this one monolithic plugin source file into multiple different ones just to help with refactoring and to preserve my sanity when it comes to editing. How does SourcePawn manage these things? I'm familiar with the C/C++ concept of including header files, and I can see that function prototypes are defined in .inc files for other plugins, but if you include a .inc does the compiler automatically discover the .sp file the function is implemented in?
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius