View Single Post
Jeffrie7
Old 01-19-2014 , 10:04   Re: [CS:GO] how do you configure AWP only server?
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you for your speedy reply. I appreciate having a 2nd set of eyes on this.

However, I've tried your recommended cvars in the gamemode_deathmatch.cfg and thought it should work too. I've tried it with and without quotes around the variable; both results are a no-go.

So, my thoughts were any of the following:
  1. There is a map config or config that overrides my gamemode_deathmatch.cfg
  2. I've completely hosed up my gamemode_deathmatch.cfg and my answer is in the details.
  3. I'm simply putting these cvars in the wrong place.

Maybe you can see something I am doing wrong:
  • Here's a posting of my current deathmatch.cfg
  • I launch the server with this command: "./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 1 +game_mode 2 +mapgroup mg_fragfest +map de_nuke"

Notes/Ponderings that may indicate a config is setup wrong:
  • I don't have any cvars in my gamemodes_server.txt other than pointers to the "deathmatch.cfg" file and in-file map definition block.
  • I notice that my server still pops up random weapon choices during game. I'll turn that off when I figure it out.
  • Map voting still occurs or it randomly picks after the match is done. I'll turn that off too once I figure out how.

Again thanks for your eyes on this.

If there's a guide on setup best-practices for CS:GO, please let me know. I felt I've done my best for RTFM, but I am stuck in a painful point where: sure it works, but not the way I want.

I'd rather not use a plugin until I understand what goes where/what does what first on the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
This should work:mp_ct_default_primary weapon_awpmp_t_default_primary weapon_awp

Last edited by Jeffrie7; 01-19-2014 at 10:05.