View Single Post
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-09-2014 , 11:10   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1SoR View Post
Not sure what you're talking about here. if you're implying that it's not "safe" to use inc files, then I'd really like to hear psychonic's or asherkin's stance on the matter.
I was actually implying the moon is cheese. Actually though, I was saying my API isn't stable, which is why no inc exists. For instance, asherkin in the thread said he'd rather not have my extension's natives/forwards clash with his, so changing that just broke a bunch of plugins. If I had shipped it as is, we would have a problem. Not shipping one kind of stops people from using it, I'm actually after feature requests at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1SoR View Post
In any event, unlike forwards, using natives in plugins is impossible without inc files or without declaring them in APLRes forwards. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of *not* having an inc file?
Uh, you can create natives in AskPluginLoad2... If you'd like to declare a native, you simply do something like `native bool:Steam_GetLemon(const String:sRonaldsLocation[]);` above your usages, and away you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
Would this extension be usefull to fix steam connection loss on linux CS:GO SRCDS (server that don't re-connect to steam until hibernation)?
This is really a pain and occurs sometimes more than once a day, server then need to be empty to allow new user connections (or they get "Session no longer available").
Would you like it to? ;)