View Single Post
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 01-01-2014 , 15:42   Re: What is your workflow when developing plugins?
Reply With Quote #7

That depends on the scale of the plugin.
Mostly I just start right ahead (or with a small outline on paper) as most plugins are relatively small.
Then if they are roughly finished but I see more potential in it which needs more experimentation I start a repository and use svn to keep track.
I use PawnStudio with a customized compile script which is a C# program which utilizes WinSCP to open up a small dialog after successful compilation which then lets me either select existing or create new remote upload targets.

Example:
Right now I am working on a L4D2 plugin which spawns self-evading gifts. I finished the rough outline pretty quickly but then realized that I could try and use A* for better pathfinding, although it is quite experimental and maybe performance-costly due to not having a grid to begin with and having to use tracehulls. So I created a svn repo and used what I have for the initial commit.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 01-01-2014 at 15:46.