View Single Post
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2013 , 17:54   Re: [ANY] PVL Pony Radio
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreBorg View Post
Yes the joys of Source 2009 games are the headaches of L4D2. I'm not sure if Socket can run on the older source either.

For my L4D2 servers the plugin uses SQL directly to a PVL database. I am not keen on the idea of having a bunch of random servers connect to the database.

I can always make a vanilla menu version or a visible MOTD version that shows the web player. I actually already have those ready as those were the first beginnings of this plugin.

I remember there were some other choices besides cURL, Socket, and Steamtools back in the day, but its been so long I have forgotten what they are and i bet they have been abandoned.
It does not support sockets. I how ever have not seen anything regarding cURL not working with the old engine, at least not any that I remember seeing. Off the topic of l4d2, I was using a plugin that pimpinjuice wrote for me that pulled info from a php script to display currently playing songs. However this does work better because other then my one derpabout stream I was already pulling titles from the pvl stations.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s