View Single Post
Spiffyguy01
Old 01-08-2006 , 16:30   Few questions on setting up AMX MODX on HLDS
Reply With Quote #1

Sorry for the newbie questions but some of the docs are a bit over my head. First off I want to thank the guys making this. I have used this mod on public servers and it is really cool. I have set up a dedicated server for my coworkers to come and let off some steam, and settle some scores. I want to add bots and need to start "upgrading" the server. So here I am. The server is for 1.6.

I originally set up my server.cfg with things like sv_password and other configs like fliashligh and map times. So that worked fine. So I have a few questions.

1. does amx overide the server.cfg? After AMX install my sv_password is still working so I guess the server.cfg is still working. Should I remove certain switches from the server.cfg that may be handled by the amxx.cfg?

2. in the amxx.cfg what does the amx_default_access "z" do? The server has been set up on a box on my home LAN and it has its own keyboard and monitor. So I will not need any remote admin or any of that. I can just switch over to the other keyboard. In my server.cfg I have disabled the rcon.

3. Again in the amxx.cfg the amx_password_field "_pw". is this the remote admin password? or is the the player password field? The docs say the "setinfo which should store a password on a client" I am know sure what this means. The config does say to change it, but I am not sure who access this password.

4. I am planning on getting a bot on this server too. I was looking at the {e}podbot plugin. Any opinions on this? Also is there anything I should be concerned about when installing with AMXX? Don't want to jack up my install .

5. I used the auto configer that was in the sticky, yes some newbies do read stickies. Anyway this is what it gave me. Does it look ok?
amx_default_access "z"
amx_password_field "_pw"
amx_extendmap_step 15
amx_time_display
amx_scrollmsg ""
csstats_rank 0
csstats_maxsize 3500
amx_statsx_duration 12.0
amx_statsx_freeze -2.0
amx_client_languages 1
amx_debug 1
admin_mode 0
amx_show_activity 0
amx_freq_imessage 300
amx_flood_time 0.75
amx_reservation 2
amx_time_voice 1
amx_vote_delay 30
amx_vote_time 10
amx_vote_answers 0
amx_extendmap_max 90

6. for the maps.ini will that overwrite the mapcycle.txt? I don't have a reference in my server.cfg to a mapcyclefile but the default install of HLDS did put a mapcycle.txt file in the cstrike directory. Should I remove that?

Thanks for any information. It is tough being a newbie and setting up a server for this game is quite confusing.