View Single Post
katoww
Old 06-04-2013 , 18:27   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Like Altex said, gg_enable is a server command, so you should be able to execute it the way you execute other server commands. The output you listed looks like game console output. Here's a few things on that:

1. I don't see the main plugin, GunGame:SM or GunGame:SM (with SDK Hooks support) in your list. One or the other is required, but do not use both.
2. The images look like the user console. You can issue server commands via RCON from that console, but only to a working server. Do you have a working server? This means an installation of SRCDS.exe (or however it's done now on Steampipe), not clicking Create Server inside the game, which only creates a local practice server.
3. If that is the GUI version of the server, everyone says that it sucks - I've never used it, but the overall recommendation is to use the console version.
Hi,

Thank you for your help.

For the first point, what do I need to do to add the plugin GunGame:SM ? I havn't read about how to set it. Is it files to add to the install directory or a setting into a config file?

Quote:
Installation
----------------------------------------------------
  • Install Metamod:Source.
  • Install SourceMod.
  • (Optional, not required by default) Install SDK Hooks.
  • Upload the "addons", "sound", and "cfg" into your "cstrike" folder for CS:Source
  • Config "gungame.config.txt" and "gungame.equip.txt" to your liking in "cfg/gungame/<css|csgo>/"
  • (Optional, not required by default) If you installed SDK Hooks, remove "gungame.smx" from "plugins" folder
    and add "gungame_sdkhooks.smx" from "disabled" info "plugins" folder.
  • Restart your server.
For the second point, yes it's the user console. I launch the client with -console option into steam. My server is on a dedicated server (another machine) under linux, so it' not a gui version.

So the issue seems to be the missing plugins. I'havn't installed anything else as what appears into the installation procedure. Do I need to install each "mendatory plugins" by myself or are they already into the base GunGame mode archive? Is there any tutorial to install/reinstall them?

And about the 4th point of the install procedure, what do you mean? Should I not have installed Metamod and SourceMode directly into cstrike (server side) folder? You say to upload folders at this state. Is it made into the mind that the directories are prepared locally and then deployed on the server? Or does it mean something else?

And about 5th point, if I let the default config file "gungame.config.txt" , should it work or not?

Thank a lot!

Regards