View Single Post
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-10-2013 , 21:25   [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #1

Plugin Previewing
I am running every publicly available plugin in my signature on my community's server (except skyrpg2, as I'm running skyrpg3).
If you wish to try them out before you download them, just click here -> steam://connect/skyrpg.org
This server is running the latest version of every plugin and should testify to their working order.

Donations
If you're interested in donating to support plugin development, I greatly appreciate your patronage.
You can donate by clicking here -> PayPal

Description
Fortspawn 2 isn't a simple recreation of the Fortspawn mod. In fact, I've never played it, myself. However, this mod takes the general
idea behind Fortspawn and reinvents it, whilst adding new mechanics to it. In Fortspawn 2, players can earn experience and level up
which unlocks additional objects, as well as earn cash which allows them to buy more lucrative objects. The number of items a player
can build is based on their level, and all objects have their own dynamic health pool. Server owners can easily add new objects to the
object pool by editing the simple config file included. (configs/fortspawn2/objects.cfg)
Cash, Level and Experience are stored in the database.
Players can also pay an amount of their cash to toggle a new object they'll create between being a static object (one that does not
adhere to the laws of source-physics) and being a physics object. If purchased, the next object created will be a static object.
Players can simply toggle the key again to disable (and refund the cost) spawning a static object. Of course, a server owner may want
to make static purchases free, or simply enabling all objects as static objects. These options are both configurable.
I've provided a default objects.cfg in the compressed folder.

Dependencies
SDKHooks, and Ready Up 2.3+ (It will not work with older versions).
A database is also required; "fortspawn2" is the prefix you must use.

Controls
You can change these controls by directly editing the source. I will not be changing them or adding a configuration option for them.
Objects that can be picked up when you are looking at them will highlight green. You cannot pick up another players objects. Attempting
to do so will simply tell you the owner of the objects name. At this time, admins can't delete other users items, but that will be added.
However, when a player disconnects or dies, all of their items will be destroyed. At this time, this feature can't be removed, but an option
for it will be added at a later date.

!build: Will open the build menu. You must be a survivor, alive, not incapacitated, not in the air, and not currently ensnared.
!wipe: Will destroy all objects you have built (and refund their costs; includes static cost if applicable).
!static: Will toggle between static/physics object, if static objects aren't forced.
!ignoreuse: Toggles on/off whether you can grab your objects.

USE Key: Picks up/Drops the targeted object (if objects aren't set to ignore mode)
RELOAD Key: Views health pool of any object, regardless of distance (if you aren't in movement or rotation modes)

Object Movement Mode Controls
MOUSE2 Key: Destroys selected object (must be in Object Movement Mode)
ZOOM Key: Toggles Object Movement / Object Rotation Modes.
RELOAD / DUCK Keys: Pushes / Pulls object Away / Towards you. (Also sets distance for picking up objects)

Object Rotation Mode Controls
MOVEMENT, USE, MOUSE2 Keys: Rotates the object along the 3 axis.
RELOAD / DUCK Keys: Increase / Decrease Rotation speed.

Version History
v2.0.7
- New features, yay!
- Hierarchy management

v2.0.6
- Added several vast improvements for object handling.
- Code Efficiency++

v2.0.4
- Players can now view the health pools of any players object, including their own, while not currently holding an object.
- Players can now push and pull objects away or towards themselves. How far away they must be to pick up an object
is based on this distance.

Ready up Information
This plugin will remove the survival start button, preventing random trolls from connecting to your server and starting the survival round before
players who are building are ready. Instead, the survival round will begin automatically when the ready up time reaches 0. Survivors are
invulnerable during the ready up period, and should they find themselves hanging, will automatically recover. Objects spawned are invulnerable
as well during this period, but will accept damage when the survival round starts.

Compiling the Plugin Yourself, Plugin errors
I will not assist users in compiling the plugin themselves or with Plugin errors resulting in PEBKAC, due to the headaches it has brought in the past.
When attempting to compile, please make sure you're using all of the dependencies the plugin requires, which can generally be found at the top
of the main source file. Most importantly, make sure they are the latest versions of each dependency. I do not include them in the
compressed folder as authors may update their works at any time.
Before posting complaints or problems, please verify that you've installed all of the dependencies, properly. Often, I see posts about plugin problems
because the EU didn't properly set up the dependencies - this includes improperly configuring the database. The plugin requires it and will not function
without it.
If you have compile errors, it's a PEBKAC issue, because it compiles for me. Check the dependencies and try again.
The binary is included, so you don't need to compile the plugin to use the plugin.

Attached Files
File Type: zip fortspawn2_2.0.7.zip (40.2 KB, 2760 views)

Last edited by Skyy; 03-27-2013 at 09:57. Reason: 2.0.6 -> 2.0.7