View Single Post
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2013 , 17:26   Re: UPDATE cs 1.6 xredirect does not work

now that i found a Valve developer is collecting ways around the command blocking in a public discussion on a related github issue i find it even more strange to block people from saying them here on AM.
right now it is even ending with an idea that is supposed to work on the most recent beta (though i haven't tested it myself), for everyone to see. or will this link to the page officially supported by Valve now get removed too?

i must say this alfred-valve guy is doing it right, a public discussion where people bring in their findings is probably the only way to finally block it without still leaving a loophole. it means that an upcoming release will for sure prevent the command from being used once and for good.

not good for xREDIRECT, but getting rid of fake/slowhacking servers isn't a bad idea and the good news is that alfred-valve has said that this suggestion by xPaw is on his TODO list here. people who read this and want this happen: maybe it helps if you also post a comment there that you want this features, so they see it's a popular demand.
as soon as such a legit way for redirection with player permission is provided by the game i'll be here to make xREDIRECT use it.

until then we can just hope that the gap between blocking the old way and providing a new way won't be too big.

Last edited by xOR; 03-04-2013 at 17:34.