View Single Post
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2013 , 17:35   Re: UPDATE cs 1.6 xredirect does not work

i don't think i understand the idea of "liking" a command. it's just a command and it fulfills a certain function. Valve tries to remove it from being used remotely - not only did they fail with that multiple times, it's also the wrong way to solve their fake server problem. if they really care to update their old-timers, why not add a client query like other games do it ("do you want to be redirected to...")? or add a score system like TF2 has to sort out the bad ones?

the irony is that while you on the "good" side block information about a workaround the "bad" boards won't, those setting up fake servers with it will get the information earlier than people doing plug-ins that provide features to players. you're doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason.

questions are not about forum posts being blocked. the question is that should i get the information how to circumvent it (if it's really possible), will my plug-in get blocked too when i update it to make use of the workaround (which i have already done twice in the past)? if that is the case, you can as well close this sub-forum now. if it's not the case...how does it match the idea of deleting posts with informations about it?

Last edited by xOR; 03-02-2013 at 17:38.