View Single Post
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-24-2012 , 10:44   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienToThis View Post
It seems to me like you dont want people to have and host a public server. ;-)
No, I said that it is not wise to host a server of any kind on a home connection, the speeds suck and you will most likely be in violation of your ISP's TOS.

Quote:
My ISP gives me enough options and i do not violate the TOS and even if i would it wont do no harm.
Who is your ISP?

Quote:
Just some extra info for those who are looking, if you want a static external ip your router should give you that option, you can choose to obtain an ip address automaticly or use the following ip option.
So just explore your router before you pay any website do do that for you, if you need help with doing this?
Start a topic, and put the link on this page.
Seems you do not know how DHCP works. While it can work, you run the risk of another network obtaining your IP when your router fails to renew the DHCP lease or when your router is down and fails to respond certain DHCP/DNS queries. Depending on how the DHCP server is configured, that can happen (I've done it before at work). Also, some routers don't allow you to change this option.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).