View Single Post
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 12-16-2012 , 23:37   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Maybe instead of forcing us to force our players to watch a Ad we could give them the option to watch it on their own.

Allow the server owners to give the players the option to watch the ad to help the server. Instead of forcing us to make the first thing people see a Ad (which I think is the reason a lot of people never used Pinion), we could have a simple command like !pinion and it will bring up the Ad page and force people to watch 85% of the video. You could then add a 20 minute wait time until a player can reuse the !pinion command. This way you would get your completion rate and the players wouldn't feel forced into doing something. As well, server owners could use their own methods to advertise the command to their players in their own style.

Example:

With a !pinion command I could make a script that would log each time a player typed !pinion and watched the ad. I could use this information for a give away raffle. Like Top 10 supporters (people who typed !pinion and watched Ad the most) get added to a raffle.

Doing this would make Pinion more of a open source project, in that it has it's set rules (must watch for X seconds and can only get the Ad every X minutes) but allows server owners the freedom to advertise it with their own ideas.

While it's obvious this method wouldn't generate near as many impressions as before, it will give people a reason to keep your plugin on their servers.

Last edited by Fearts; 12-17-2012 at 00:51.