View Single Post
waltercl
Old 10-30-2012 , 03:17   Re: Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)
Reply With Quote #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubhero View Post
Hi.
Here are the working cfg for the map decals, with the stripper:

Code:
add:
{
    "origin" "-591.968750 2019.875610 -53.374519"
    "texture" "decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname1"
    "classname" "infodecal"
}
{
    "origin" "-162.755706 -480.031250 116.862335"
    "texture" "decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname2"
    "classname" "infodecal"
}
{
    "origin" "-1282.420410 -256.031250 195.894485"
    "texture" "decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname3"
    "classname" "infodecal"
}
etc.
etc.
etc.
The game: CSS
Map coordinates: de_dust2
Map cfg here: addons/stripper/maps/de_dust2.cfg
Before you delete the mapadverts plugin, you must be get the right coordinates with that.
I use sv_pure 1 with pure_server_whitelist.txt. Works me without any errors. Independent from the sv_pure errors, not as the mapadverts plugin.
If you want forcing the download your mapadverts for the clients (since when you delete the mapadverts plugin, you delete the forced download for these files too), use the
cstrike/maps/mapname.res file. Like this:
Code:
Resources
{ 
    "materials/decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname1.vmt"        "file"
    "materials/decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname1.vtf"        "file"
    "materials/decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname2.vmt"        "file"
    "materials/decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname2.vtf"        "file"
    "materials/decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname3.vmt"        "file"
    "materials/decals/custom/yourfoldername/yourmapdecalname3.vtf"        "file"
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.
}
I tried this, and I believe I've got everything set up right, but when I go to the map I see a small purple square where the map decal is suppose to be. It is downloading the .vmt and the .vtf. Is there any constraints on what size or dimension the map decal should be?