View Single Post
Snack Patrol
Old 10-28-2012 , 12:15   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3204

First off, thanks for this awesome plug-in. Seriously, I plan on donating when I get enough spare cash (seriously), it's extremely thorough in that every situation/personal preference for how maps are voted for is accounted for. I can't thank you enough for your hard work.

Anyway, I had a slight issue. Before I go any further, it is best to keep in mind that I'm currently using an older version of the plugin so that may be the problem to begin with.

Here it is though: I am currently running a TF2 server with a configuration of UMC that is near-perfect. Up to now, I have figured everything out on my own by just looking through threads and playing around, except this one problem:

Recent maps are not excluded. I think it's supposed to say "Recently played" in the nomination menu or something? This doesn't happen, instead all maps are available for nominations.

I've fiddled with a bunch of cvars but still can't get it to work. Here are some current settings I have that might be important in figuring this out:

sm_umc_nominate_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle.txt"
sm_umc_nominate_groupexclude "0"
sm_umc_nominate_mapexclude "6"
sm_umc_postex_ignorenominations "0"
sm_umc_postex_ignoredisplay "0"
sm_umc_endvote_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle.txt"
sm_umc_rtv_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle.txt"
sm_umc_rtv_mapexclude "6"

I'm wondering if there was a bug at some point where this didn't work? If not is it something I'm doing wrong? Is there a cvar I'm missing, or have configured incorrectly?

Also, in addition to this question/problem, is there a way, with this plugin, to only have a map play x number of times every 24 hours? Or however many hours? I really want to limit maps to only once or twice per day if possible. If not that's cool too, I understand you probably get a billion requests for this plug-in a day. Thanks in advance for your reply.