View Single Post
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-14-2012 , 16:45   Re: Bot Logic Plugin/Extension for Payload Races?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I wasn't referring to the navigation files, but since you brought it up, does nav_generate add bot_hint_sentrygun and the like on TF2? If not, then nav_generate doesn't generate a complete nav and you need to edit it manually.

This shouldn't be a surprise, as nav_generate isn't smart enough to figure out what teleporter and sentry locations would be good, what sniper locations would be good, good spots for rocket/sticky jumping, etc...

(I'm not sure what other class-specific ones there are except for bot_hint_teleporter, but I assume there are ones for Sniper locations, rocket/sticky jumps, Scout double-jumps, and things like that)
I used nav_generate on Koth_sawmill, and it made 24 bots all go for the point, even though it was disabled lol. im just saying. It's not that different navigation, the bot's act the same depending on the objective.
The only bot that wasnt sitting on the capture point was a spy, and they need better support for spy, it's a bit obvious of a teammate comming at you for no reason.