View Single Post
DynamicBits
Old 07-25-2012 , 19:35   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.24
Reply With Quote #68

Is anyone opposed to me removing the MOTD help in this plugin? (It is the pretty HTML window that pops up when you type dmap_help.)

Currently, dmap_help and dmap_status print two slightly different versions of the same thing to the console and the MOTD help window prints a third dumbed-down version of the help.

To make matters worse, the MOTD help will never use the client's language. It only chooses languages based on the server settings.

I'm trying to reduce the amount of redundancy in this plugin and what I propose to do is as follows:
  • dmap_status will print very simple settings and values to the console, useful for checking ...well, the status.
  • dmap_help will print out simple help for users to the console in their native language. (Some extra info for users with ADMIN_LEVEL_A/ADMIN_LEVEL_F flags will probably be printed as well.)
  • The MOTD window will be gone for good.

P.S. Version 3.25 is on the way. It's on track to have the greatest amount of new code out of any update so far. I don't have a release date, but I am putting serious time into it.

--
Andy