View Single Post
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2012 , 18:53   Re: Tips for buying an headset
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8088 View Post
Without knowing your budget and assuming you'll connect them directly to your soundcard's output: DT 770 PRO LE 32 Ohms. And if you have a proper amplifier: DT 770 PRO
They're very, very solid, circumaural (the earpads completely surround your ears, which is comfortable) and closed (meaning other people nearby won't be bothered by your music as much as they would with open phones).

I've had a few Sennheisers (two HD590s and a HD270 (out of production)) and an Audio Technica ATH-AD700. All of them I've used both for gaming and listening to music (and films). While the Sennheisers were really comfortable, I thought they produced too much bass. With the AD700 it's the opposite: their sound is very natural and clear, but they're much less comfortable than the Sennheisers. So trying before buying is something you should really do, especially if you're about to spend a considerable amount of money.

Keep in mind that headsets tend to 'echo' the other party to the other party (the other party will hear themselves), because the microphone is attached to the frame that bears the speakers. Therefor I prefer desktop microphones.
Thanks fellow I'm gonna check the links and I also think that the idea of "trying before buying is something you should really do" should be kept in mind.