View Single Post
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2011 , 13:31   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollhater View Post
Here is my latest csm creation for COOP ONLY:

1. L4D1 survivors in L4D2. Mounting points for weapons are different for all characters = when you switch from any survivors to a L4D1 character model in an L4D2 map, YOU HAVE TO DROP YOUR MAIN WEAPON and then just pick another up or the weapon will stick out your head, arse, boobies, etc.

2. I have coded in a reminder in the plugin itself, but alas no one reads anything a server tells them to do lol (Type !csm in chat to change your character. If you change to a L4D1 character, drop & then pick back up your main weapon so the model will not glitch.)

3. Bill is available in most L4D1 campaigns as Nick/Bill, the #1 option in the menu. This is for MOST L4D1 campaigns.

4. Bill is available as a model only on the second page of this character select menu in ALL maps - he will have Ellis' or Rochelle's voice - have fun with that, I do.

5. Change the config (l4dcsm.cfg) and I have no idea how it works, what it does, and don't really care

6. The attached file csm.zip, is a really old version of csm I found recently. Maybe this will help one of you other folks out there working on this.

7. The file all_csm.zip is every other csm file I possess. It contains l4dcsm_c.smx, which I spent 6 hours on. It is the L4D2 version of the above csm.zip that I thought was the holy grail - NOT - check it out though, I had a good feeling about it. These files might help someone too.
Doesn't work as intended, cant use l4d2 characters in l4d1 and vice versa, good try.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR