View Single Post
MrBen
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-11-2011 , 15:46   Re: SpinHack false detection?
Reply With Quote #3

Hi God-Tony.

Didn't mean to hijack Jacks thread really, but I just registered to thank Kigen for his past work, and now you for the awesome work you are doing with the ongoing development of SMAC.

We use SMAC on 6 community TF2 servers and have done so for about 3 months now. It's been on a 3 months trial with most settings at warn only, but it hasn't stepped a foot wrong in that time, so we've finally switched the auto banning on.

As always seems to be the case with these things, unless its going wrong you rarely hear from users, but I am sure there are many happy but silent users out there like us who are very grateful for all the hard work you put in to this.

I know you don't have much feedback from TF2 server users, but so far so good, and I'll start posting feedback on future releases if it helps.

BTW. The (space)name exploit is a problem and it bypasses SMAC - had fun trying to kick a a group of about 5 players the other day who were using it to clone our regular players.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Edited to add: In case any TF2 server owners are reading this - we use SMAC with everything enabled except the wallhack module (too CPU intensive which effects server performance), but we have a good sv_pure setup instead.

Cheers
MrBen

Last edited by MrBen; 09-11-2011 at 16:05.