View Single Post
EEdover
Old 08-27-2011 , 20:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Yeah I know, searching for an answer to this kind of question can get difficult if the knowledge on firewalls and MySQL database is basic at best (which I would set my own knowledge level on.)

My knowledge on unix/linux world is very limited, so I cannot help you on those issues. I would forward you to search google, but since you are a drag&drop kind of a guy like myself (=microsoft os), I can only forward you to ask help from people that know the system better than us.

The main thing is, that you need to be able to contact from your game server to your database server. There are two main issues that you are likely to face while getting things going:
  1. Firewall protecting your database might not allow connections to your DB server port.
  2. MySQL login is not configured to allow connections from game server IP.
Both are equal on the likeness of happening. First one is tougher to overcome, because the firewall is usually a service that is not likely to change for any simple customer crying for help. If you own the firewall or are an admin, then it's easy. Second one can usually be fixed. You will need to check the game server IP your DB sees and set the user remote access filter to allow the connections from that IP. Keep in mind that the IP can be different to the IP you use to connect from your desktop to your game server.

I hope this makes sense? I don't know how else I can help you at this point.
Thank You very much for answer.
I communicated with the game server/web server provider. ( hope to get answers soon )
As both servers are from same provider, makes me think that firewall is not the issue(my logic)
What concerns MySql login .... really donīt know... I am pretty sure that I did everything "by the book" Is there way to check the thing ?
BTW website connects to database normally.