Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2011 , 02:57   Re: pure server whitelist - Against wallhackers
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by einwad View Post
...let's make sure I really understood.

With sv_pure 1:

Players will be forced to have all the files matching the server (except the ones I will list on pure_server_whitelist.txt)
- Not exactly, I try explain. Now think you are player who have installed source game on own computer.
Steam download huge *.gcf files in to ...Steam\steamapps\
Inside these, there are all files what need run source-game. (Sounds, materials, models, maps, scripts etc. etc.)

Anyone can peek inside these with Nem's GCFScape tool and extract files out there, but not add in there.
Especially when need to know which path you need add that same file in your steam-account folder.

Example that radio sound gogogo!
- Using tool, look inside ...Steam\steamapps\counter-strike source shared.gcf (we could look this sound file path from game console soundlist also...)
We can browse folders and files inside that counter-strike source shared.gcf,
and we found radio sound file from
...Steam\steamapps\counter-strike source shared.gcf\root\cstrike\sound\radio\go.wav

Ok, now player need mimic this path in his steam-account folder and add sound file in there.
...Steam\steamapps\MyAccountName\counter-strike source\cstrike\sound\radio\go.wav

Tadaa! This way player have modified his game, replace game original gogogo sound to another else.
This way players install all from gamebanana (weapons, player skins) to his steam-account folder.
In this steam-account folder, player download server files (maps, quake sounds)

When enable sv_pure 1
Server start read file pure_server_whitelist.txt where inside there are in the beginning
Code:
materials\...  from_steam
models\...     from_steam
sound\...      from_steam
Tells players use all files under that direction from ...Steam\steamapps\*.gcf
Server not (at this point) check player files will they match with server files.

Allow players use own modified radio sound gogogo on server.
Add in pure_server_whitelist.txt
Code:
sound\radio\go.wav   allow_from_disk
Server still not check player files will they match server files. It have just allow them use that one file from
...Steam\steamapps\MyAccountName\counter-strike source\cstrike\sound\radio\go.wav

Allow player use file on server but need match with server file.
Code:
materials\de_rennes_v1\wall004.vmt           allow_from_disk+check_crc
Now server start check files when player connected, will they match.
You need CRC check only important files. Try using less this.
*what I have mention before, check only *.vmt files. This way they not get texture file (*.vtf) to work transparent.

You can try this what I have use.

This allow players use:
player models+skins+radio sounds
hostage models+skins+sounds
weapons models+skins+sounds
bullet shell models+skins
weapon buy menu VGUI+sound item
weapon muzzleflash texture
map radar overview

admin plugins sounds
quake sounds
bombtimer (plugin)
knifefight
fleshnscream
sound folder root

player spray (and avatar on replay ?)

Yes, you maybe need add more your settings what files you use on server adn what you want players use.

Hope you did understand what are "steam" files, player modified files instead is in their account-folder.

*edit
I'm trollolololler
Attached Files
File Type: txt pure_server_whitelist.txt (3.3 KB, 900 views)

Last edited by Bacardi; 04-16-2011 at 03:03.