View Single Post
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2011 , 17:13   Re: [L4D/2] Black and White Notifier
Reply With Quote #68

This is kind of an old plugin but, we put up a L4D2 server recently and I liked this plugin so decided to use it. I noticed a few bugs and some other stuff that could be coded more properly and was bored one day, so I recoded this. I hope OP doesnt mind me posting here. If it is an issue, just PM me and ill remove it. Just thought id post my copy for whoever.

Few Update Notes:
- This version auto-creates its own config file. "plugin.bwnotifier" in cfg/sourcemod.
- Version number I used started from 1.4r (r means my release so its not confusing)
- Added a separate cvar to enable/disable the plugin.
- Edited all the output messages.
- Added some other messages to notify when players healed themselves coming off of black&white.
- Removed some old code used like GetMaxClients, GetClientName. Not really the proper way to do either of those things.
- Fixed a large bug regarding the glow effect when players died. With original, if you die while glowed, you will see a remaining outline on the screen standing there. I am not sure when that bugged glow would ever otherwise be removed. I added some checks for player_spawn and death just to make sure.
- Removed many unnecessary GetClientModel checks that didnt seem to do anything.
- Removed the status bool used that didnt seem to do anything either.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_blackandwhite_ret.sp - 1654 views - 8.3 KB)

Last edited by retsam; 03-24-2011 at 17:37.