View Single Post
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-15-2011 , 14:19   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboye View Post
Did you actually read the scripting of that eventscript? I use that eventscript for connect sounds and it works flawlessly for playing connect sounds. It doesn't replay sounds at the beginning of every new map. {snip}
And also, text to go along with the connect sounds would be an added bonus. For example, my intro text is, "[Master Admin] Dirty`Dave has joined the server. Prepare to DIE!"
Well I have it kind of working.
Tried to achieve it with clientprefs, the only problem is if a client disconnects during a map change. I'll have to dive into SQL a bit to get it fully working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbaneZ View Post
Is there a possibility to make the plugin detect, that a sound is already being played?
I just want players to be able to play a new sound, if the previous one has finished playing.
Or is there another "play sound" plugin, that can do this?

Thanks
You'll have to set the "duration" of each sound in your saysounds.cfg.
There's also a sm_saysoundhe_time_between_sounds cvar, the plugin will always use the highest value of ether the cvar or the "duration" key you've specified before players can play another sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rm_r1der View Post
Hy gH0sTy thanks for your answer...
i know that it should show an menu, but it doesn't.
All admin on my server can't trigger sounds with the say input or even show the normal saysounds menu. thats why i tried to call it from rcon.

I have all admin flags (a-z).
The other admins have all flags, but not: "Change cvars
Run configs, Password server, RCON, Enable Cheats, Full Admin"

All admins can play the sounds from entering sm adminmenu with "/admin".
Hmm... admin sounds work for me just fine.
Any error or console outputs?