Thread: Downtime Over
View Single Post
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2011 , 14:01   Re: Downtime Over

I didn't try to make a joke. I just hate people that lie even if lie is justified on their moral grounds. Many of you think that if Bailopan choose the lesser cap, he is caring for community well-being, isn't distracting newcomers, is being a shy "in a good way" person, etc. I.e. his lies are justified and make him a sort of noble person.

However, you don't think about if the people knew the real bill, they would donate more. Also, if he would have been posting a detailed statistics of what is going on and disclose the amount of his own spendings, people would tend to donate slightly more, proportionally to his spendings. The worse the situation gets and more people know about it, the more people tend to help. The whole HDD crash would be evaded (at least the statistical probability would be less).

I'm saying all of it because even after the crash I don't the see signs of that lesson being learned.

EDIT: didn't see the Bail's post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
No one ever said the donation goal precisely matched our expenses.
Good one. But it is generally assumed that donation goal is what will guarantee a well-being of a system to a certain degree. I know you can evade from this in court.

Last edited by FaTony; 01-24-2011 at 14:09.