Thread: Downtime Over
View Single Post
BAILOPAN
Old 01-24-2011 , 13:52   Re: Downtime Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis
Why, would that be any worse? Do they not deserve some donations in there pocket for their work on this. Time is not free and they need things just like the rest of us.
Excess funds go into an emergency pool. In case I lose my job, or we don't get any donations, we want to be able to operate. AM is non-profit and the extra funds never go to me, however, I will expense things for SourceMod developers (such as games we need to support). Anyway, we don't make enough extra money that it would be meaningful to take from the cookie jar ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTony View Post
You have admitted you've been lying for a long time. My trust has greatly shaken in you.
I don't know why, but ok. No one ever said the donation goal precisely matched our expenses. It's a round number that I felt was likely to be met without asking too much of the community, while still paying a decent chunk of our bills. Keep in mind we've historically had advertising as well, but we get less than our donation goal from that and combined they don't meet our expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTony View Post
Name us the exact amount you need to pay down to a single cent. Domain registration, dedicated server hosting... monthly, annually, etc, etc, etc.
No.

I will say that fixed costs are about $380/mo right now, as part of our infrastructure revamping we're looking into making a bigger up-front investment to bring this down.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 01-24-2011 at 14:04.