View Single Post
0x00
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:32   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
That's not a mistake, but a wise decision. I don't see the point to argue. The guy enjoys it for more than 6 months. Source has been provided and it has been distributed for others people freely. The selling has failed and there is no point to keep something private when it's actually already public. The buy was worth for the price. Instead of wasting a work, let's enjoy more people by making the plugin public here. By the way, I don't understand why Joaquim should give back the money, it doesn't make sense when you have some random community from the start which have benefited of this buy. So, what you say is just ridiculous to not say stupid, especially in this context.
i knew that sooner or later you would have to come here and cover your buddy, but np.

it's a "great" work that took him a lot of time, ok. he went ahead to earn some money with it and start to sold it as a private work, right? some time later he realized that no one would pay for it, except one guy that bough it from him and then he went ahead and start to give it for free to everyone?
cmon, the guy paid for it at the first place, and what the fuck you're saying about enjoying it for 6 months? i doubt that he told the guy something like "after 6 months i'll release it to public", not even "if there's not a huge demand to purchase it i'll just release it". i bet he never told the guy about his idea of releasing it to public. so yea, i'm kinda stupid and everything i say makes no sense at all, unlike you and him and everyone covering him. you right, sir.