View Single Post
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-15-2010 , 06:29   Re: Steam Group Admins
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi View Post
This morning, I installed the newest version of SteamTools (Linux), compiled your plugin against the latest version of its include (only changing it to define DEBUG), installed it on the server, and restarted the server.

According to the sgadebug.txt (attached), the update to SteamTools appears to have made it perform a little better, but it's still not getting the group information response for all requests made, and from actual in-game experience, it's not properly assigning group permissions to people who should have them.
I'm going to add some 'retry' code later to day to retry looking up clients every X seconds until getting a response. I'll also add a command to print the status of each client currently in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcviper View Post
Psychonic, anyway this can work with Sourcebans?
It should already work alongside it just fine without conflict. Already, you can add the steam group names "<group#>members" and "<group#>officiers". I'll see about also adding a custom group name for each so you can have the users just added to an existing group as well.