View Single Post
Doctor Noob
Old 12-02-2010 , 02:06   Re: [TF2] NoobBalance (v1.0.0 RC1, 2010-11-28)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
Gave this a try tonight and every non-admin was not able to join a team.

"player is trying to re-stack the teams. For shame"

And actually...haphazardly, there was one occassion where the plugin was loaded even the the cvar to "load" was set to off/0.
This is not surprising: the best way to disable the plugin is just to never have it loaded. The disable CVar can never be as reliable as just removing the plugin, since it still relies on plugin code running to load and process the CVar; by this time, it's too late to disable everything.

Quote:
Edit: Found out its b/c of the "s" flag. Can this be resolved? We are going to just have "b" flag in there.
No idea what's going on with the s flag; probably this is a red herring, and the real problem is the one below.

Quote:
Edit 2: Nevermind. It just does not seem to be working consistently. It still blocked ppl from joining a team.
Well, this is embarrassing. In one of the last (and thus least tested) changes I made before release, I added more CVars, one of which affected the team lock code. In doing so I screwed up and flipped the lock test: on line 361 the less-than sign is supposed to be a greater-than sign. 1.0.0 RC2 has been put on the main post, with this corrected.

I'm really sorry about the screwup, and thank you for testing my plugin.