Thread: [TF2] Amp Node
View Single Post
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-10-2010 , 11:43   Re: [TF2] Amp Node
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
Is this really needed? You can install both plugins without conflict. If say it easy - he stolen our plugins. We saw it on Amplifier topic and that failed.
I did NOT steal your plugins. I provide FULL credit to both you and Geel9 in both this post AND the plugin itself.

In point of fact, this is indeed needed for many reasons:
1) The Repair Node plugin is broken and no longer functions.
2) The Repair Node plugin does NOT allow for more than 1 Dispenser and Sentry (and 2 Teleporters) per player.
3) The Repair Node plugin does not allow for the use of metal.
4) The Repair Node doesn't have a native interface.
5) The Amplifier plugin does not allow amplifiers to be upgraded.
6) The Amplifier and Repair Nodes plugins won't work in conjunction with the Remote Control/Build plugin.
7) This plugin combines both the Amplifier and Repair Nodes into 1 menu that can be used to choose which to build.
8 ) This plugin allows the choice of which Dispenser variant to be deferred until you build one, without having to choose beforehand.
9) Using the Repair Node plugin, there is no menu, you have to use the !nodeon and !nodeoff commands, yet the amplifier is chosen using a menu.
10) Having 1 combined plugin to modify dispensers with a consistent interface that includes both modifications is much easier for the players to use instead of 2 separate, inconsistent plugins.

Quote:
One is a help with plugin and other is release as other plugin.
I had submitted this in your thread several months ago and you dismissed it without any consideration as to why it is needed, which it is. Also, I did NOT release this plugin until quite some time AFTER Geel9's Repair Node plugin got unapproved, which is the primary reason why I released it.

Quote:
And he's brake Amplifier constant: it CAN NOT BE UPGRADABLE. It's his featureю
There were requests in your thread to make the Amplifiers upgradeable and I also thought they should be upgradeable. I'm sorry you don't agree. I will add an additional convar to make them unupgradeable.

Quote:
What if I'm or Geel9 will update original plugins?
Geel9's plugin has been unapproved because he isn't maintaining it, and it is no longer functioning. I am also capable of merging any future modifications should they be needed.

Last edited by naris; 11-10-2010 at 11:51.