View Single Post
untalented893
Old 08-08-2010 , 16:02   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
more reports. hard rain map 1:

car after climbing the ladder on the camper, near the alarm car, there is a wooden fence on the car next to the camper, and it looks very odd, i forgot to take a screenie. but its not pretty at all.

also, on map 1, at the start, if your forced the go on the roof, the plugin still hasnt loaded a path, so the door at the bottom has an invisible wall. not gamebreaking, but pubs don't like invisible walls. they call it cheats

also, dark crnival map 1. the truck pathing block on start of the map spawn out of thin air. again the plugin loads to late.

atomic stryker, could you mod the plugin to instantly load the random path and force it?
Thanks, I'm looking into all of these. That fence was a place holder TBH. I have to find something else to make it a point of no return. Hard Rain 1 forcing to the roof is an issue I will probably remove it. Dark Carnival I'm fine with because it spawns before people hit the invisible wall and it's just more of a surprise than an issue.

Quote:
untalented maybe u could add some spawn of lockers for the "EASY" level?
No, my maps are meant to make it harder on the survivors, not easier. The easy path is left as valve intended to be considered "easy."

Quote:
hard rain map 3, hard pathing, we couldnt advance past the area where you have to go over the pipe. the path was blocked off completely and its the only path.
I've attached a TEMPORARY cfg file for HR3 to fix the issue. I just removed the path block on the return. I will have a permanent fix soon.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c4m3_sugarmill_b.cfg (7.5 KB, 181 views)