View Single Post
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2010 , 15:55   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #26

Found it! IsChatTrigger()...

Ok here is my version of your plugin. I've renamed the plugin and version etc and given you credit. I've added a bunch of console commands to configure\help the player

Console commands
Code:
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_on", Command_SetColoredNameOn, "Turns on the colored name for the player");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_off", Command_SetColoredNameOff, "Turns off the colored name for the player");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname", Command_SetColoredName, "Sets the current players colored name");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_help", Command_PrintHelp, "Lists helpful information to the client");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_list", Command_ListUsers, "Lists all users with their real and colored names", ADMFLAG_KICK);
This version also correctly identifies *DEAD* players in the chat string, and it also logs the chat action to the server logs just like it would normally. I adjusted the chat (and team chat) output to match the normal non-plugin chat output exactly.

Only known issue is that Command_PrintHelp sometimes prints things out of order, i don't know why. PrintToConsole is the culprit.

*UPDATE* Found error where alive players could hear the dead players which is fixed. I also added a check on the text being said by the player, if it starts with an @ symbol it is not processed and sent through the normal chat system. Reason being that the say @ and say_team @ are ways for admins to talk to each other and this plugin was repeating them.

Current Version 1.1
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (colorednames.sp - 176 views - 10.1 KB)

Last edited by Thraka; 08-08-2010 at 12:54.