View Single Post
Artsemis
Old 08-02-2010 , 19:10   [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #1

Buylevel for GunGame:SM
by {cDS} Artsemis of cyber Death Squad

Description
This mod requires that the server be running GunGame:SM. Players will earn cash for each kill which allows them to purchase the next level when they have the required funds. The amount of money awarded per kill, the cost of each level, and the number of levels from the last that can't be bought off of can all be defined in the configuration file that gets generated when the plugin is first run.

CVAR/Command List
  • sm_gg_buylevel_version - Buylevel Version
  • sm_buylevel_kill_value - Amount of money to award for a kill
  • sm_buylevel_level_cost - Amount of money required to buy a level
  • sm_buylevel_num_restricted_levels - Number of levels from the last that cannot be bought off of
  • !buylevel - Instantly levels the player up and deducts the appropriate funds.
  • /buylevel - Same as !buylevel except your message won't show up in the chat box.

Code:
----------
Changelog
----------
2010-09-14 (v1.1)
* Replaced "number of restricted levels" with the ability to restrict specific weapons

2010-08-02 (v1.0)
* Initial Release
Dependencies
GunGame:SM 1.0.9.4+

Plans
- Add translations support / custom messages

Notes
Will not compile on forums as it requires GunGame:SM

Issues
I noticed after trying this out, players' guns would sometimes disappear -- though they would still fire and seems to correct itself after a round or two. Unfortunately, I upgraded to GG 1.0.9.4 at the same time as I started running this mod so I'm unsure of the cause of the issue. I can confirm, though, that it seems to happen to players that don't even use the buylevel command at all. I don't want to say it's an issue on GunGame's side 100% but it's something I'm keeping an eye on.

This is my first attempt at coding anything on SM, go easy on me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gg_buylevel v1.1.zip (9.0 KB, 1018 views)

Last edited by Artsemis; 09-15-2010 at 23:02. Reason: New release
Send a message via AIM to Artsemis