View Single Post
BAILOPAN
Old 07-23-2010 , 04:43   Re: Some newbe questions on mm coding
Reply With Quote #7

Making plugins like this closed-source is sad and harmful. Anyway, there are two problems with your post.

The first is, you basically asked for someone to come along and do a 1:1 translation of extremely high-level code. It's not possible. SourceMod abstracts away the deep complexities of C++ and the SDK. It'd probably be 500 lines of delicate code to correctly implement your snippet, and it'd take pages and pages to explain it.

If you're serious about developing plugins in C++, you will need to be able to maintain and debug your plugin, and you will need to be able to research both the SDK and prior work like SourceMod (made possible by open-source).

The forums are here to point you in the right direction, and contrary to your opinion, it's filled with great Q&A threads. No one said systems programming was easy like Java.

My advice: ask specific questions. How does this code work? Where can I find how X works? How can I do Z? Show that you've done some research, and people will know how to help you better.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 07-23-2010 at 04:51.