View Single Post
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2010 , 17:38   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmark View Post
Just installed this on both my servers working perfectly

Is it possible for someone to post an example of how to set out the custom join message txt file for a noob like me. I'm kinda new to this and dont want to break anything by doing it wrong.

Thanks anyways this is awesome
When you load the plugin it creates the setting file with a default/example message in 'addons\sourcemod\data\cannounce_settings.txt '. It should be really self explanatory, if not just try changing it! If you get it wrong it just wont display properly, then try again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopesp View Post
okay and how can i delete the standard connect message and put a custom one for a specific player ?
thanks
You can only display an additional connect message as well as the enhanced/default one per player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsPaw View Post
Hi Arg!

Great plugin, thanks for making it. I was excited to read about the recent changes to add Geo City data support.

One question though -- we're using HLStatsX Community Edition which already uses a local copy of GeoLiteCity data. In fact (per the howto etc.) you can crontab a script to update this file regularly.

Any chance that the sqlite (.sq3) and .dat file formats MaxMinds distributes their database (who produce this data after all) are compatible, or that we could get either connectannounce.sp or the include file it needs for this functionality to use the GeoLiteCity.dat file MaxMinds distributes instead? Would be sorta neat if we could have all the gameserver mods/plugins that use this information to use the same file... update one file and everything that uses GeoLiteCity data is updated. (yeah, I'd probably use symlinks to actually accomplish that)

I'll ask over the in the geocity.inc post too.

Thanks,
PharaohsPaw
You probably want to ask in this thread - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132470 - im not involved directly in any of the geoipcity work being done im simply implementing the solutions others are working.

Ive got a few things from the past couple of pages that need implementing, please be patient as i have a real job too