View Single Post
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2010 , 08:24   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.1)
Reply With Quote #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigs View Post
MI5, I'd like to see the following 2 or 3 things gone, in coop at least.
So picture the following in a coop game;

- SI spawntimers are on zero when leaving the saferoom:
By default Valve didn't allow SI to spawn immediatly after someone exits a saferoom in coop. The SI spawn times have to reach 0 before they'll appear. At least in a coop game... As of now, when 1 person goes outside alone, he gets bombarded with all the SI spawning at the same time. So, if the min and max spawn times could be respected in coop the instant the door opens, that'd be great!

- SI spawn in safehouses:
By default Valve didn't allow SI to spawn inside a end-saferoom. Again, I don't know about versus, but in coop I never saw it happen when l4d2infectedbots.smx wasn't installed. Can you somehow prevent it in coop?

- SI spawn in c1m4_atrium between saferoomexit and lift: I'm not sure about this one, but weren't SI not allowed to spawn there by Valve? So not allowed untill the elevator reached the bottom. Then again, when lift opens, respect min and max spawn timers.
1. l4d_infectedbots_instant_spawns 0

2. This also happens in the first Left 4 Dead. By default, SI can spawn in the safe room, at the director's choosing. There is a cvar that can change the distance between spawns and the survivors, but that's as close as your going to get I believe.

3. The gameplay is partly based on Versus, so SI can spawn whenever. Turn on director spawning if you don't want them to spawn during that event.